KS1 Information March 2018
KS1 Information 2014/2015
Phonics Screening Check
Percentage of Pupils Meeting National Standard in Year 1
|% of Pupils who passed at
Chilwell Croft Academy
|National Pass Rate|
PHONICS SCREENING CHECK – THINGS THAT WILL HELP YOUR CHILD READ
- Let your child see you read and read to them.
- Tell your child about interesting things that you have read in newspapers, magazines and books.
- Visit the local library.
- Visit bookshops.
- Sit with your child every night and engage with them in their reading. Please make comments in their reading record book to assist the teachers.
- Discuss with them about what they have read in the book.
- Ask them to retell the story.
- Talk about interesting words and identify words or interesting phrases that they might use in their writing.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS – YEAR 1 SCREENING CHECK
*The phonics screening check is a statutory assessment for all children in Year 1.
*It comprises of a list of 40 words (20 real and 20 pseudo-words).
*Children who do not achieve the expected level at the end of Year 1 must be considered for a retake in Year 2. This means that those children who did not pass their phonic screening in Year 1, they will be tested again at the end of Year 2.
*Support has already been put in place to assist all our pupils in Year 1 to achieve their best outcomes.
* We, at Chilwell Croft will report the result of your child’s score out of 40 along with the % of children who have reached the expected level. This must be reported to you by the end of the summer term hopefully by the second week in July.