Currently at Chilwell Croft, art and design is covered through cross-curricular work from history, geography and science.
Teachers plan carefully to ensure that in cross curricular art, the children are exposed to the skills below.
In Key stage 1
- to use a range of materials creatively to design and make
- to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- to develop a wide range of art and design techniques using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
In Key stage 2
- to develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design.
- to improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials [for example, pencil, charcoal, paint, clay]