My name is Pravina Patel and I am our schools Community welfare and safeguarding officer at Chilwell Croft Academy.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
I can meet with you at home or in school at a time to suit yourself. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with our school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support with regards to some issues such as bereavement, new baby in the home, parents separation/divorce
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area such as housing and benefit checks
- liaising with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places, immigration and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- supporting with advice around children’s medical needs, medication and healthy eating
- offer support to those who are going through difficult times including relationship breakdown, bereavement, mental well-being and financial hardship
- rising your awareness around e-safety use of mobile phones, gangs and knife culture
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school
How to get in touch:
I am normally based in school every day and can be available by appointment. Please call the school office on 0121 464 3402 to make an appointment. I can also be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org